PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE
What's in these terms?
This acceptable use policy sets out the content standards that apply when you upload content to our site, make contact with other users on our site, link to our site, or interact with our site in any other way. By using our site, you are deemed to have read and agreed to this policy.
1 Prohibited uses
You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To stalk, bully, insult, harass, intimidate or humiliate any person.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Content standards as set out below.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- To upload terrorist content.
- To upload Content which:
- in the case of Content featuring sexual activities, was recorded in or is being broadcast from a public place where members of the public are reasonably likely to see the activities being performed (this does not include outdoor places where members of the public are not present, for example private property such as a private backyard, or secluded areas in nature where members of the public are not present).
- gives the impression that it comes from or is approved, licensed or endorsed by us or any other person or company;
- causes or is calculated to cause inconvenience, or anxiety to anyone else or which is likely to upset, embarrass, or cause serious offence to anyone else;
- is used or is intended to be used to extract money or another benefit from anyone else in exchange for removal of the Content; and/or
- involves or promotes third-party commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, product placements, advertising, or job posting or employment ads without our prior express consent.
- To engage in misleading or deceptive conduct or conduct that is likely to mislead or deceive any other User.
- To do anything that violates our or someone else's rights, including intellectual property rights (examples of which are copyright, trademarks, confidential information, and goodwill), personality rights, unfair competition, privacy, and data protection rights.
- Other than for your own personal use. Do not sell, rent, transfer, or share your account or any Content obtained from your use of our platform with anyone else.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software or User account owned or used by any third party.
- Not to knowingly introduce any viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material into Content which is or may be malicious or technologically harmful.
- Not to decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to discover or derive the source code of our website.
- Not to use our website in a way that could adversely affect our systems or security or interfere with any other User’s use of our website, including their ability to engage in real-time activities through our website.
- Not to use any automated program, tool or process to access our website or any server, network or system associated with Freyja, or to extract, scrape, collect, harvest or gather Content or information from our website.
- Not to use Freyja’s name, logo or any related or similar names, logos, product and service names, designs, or slogans other than in the limited ways which are expressly permitted in the Terms of Service or with our prior written agreement.
- To respect the intellectual property rights of other Users, by not recording, reproducing, sharing, communicating to the public or otherwise distributing their Content without authorization.
- Not to reproduce, print, distribute, attempt to download, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any Content, except as permitted under the Terms of Service.
- Not to impersonate us, one of our employees, another User, or any other person or company or falsely state or suggest any affiliation, endorsement, sponsorship between you and us or any other person or company.
- Not to provide false account registration information or make unauthorized use of anyone else's information or Content.
- Not to post or cause to be posted any Content which has the intention or effect of artificially increasing any User's views or interactions, or which is otherwise inauthentic, repetitive or misleading.
- Not to use other media or methods (for example the use of codewords or signals) to communicate anything which violates the terms of this Acceptable Use and Content Policy.
2 Interactive services
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- Video-sharing facilities.
- Private chat features.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool proof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
We do not store terrorist content.
3 Content standards
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (Contribution), and to any interactive services associated with it.
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
Projekt Freyja Ltd (Freyja) will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- Violate Freyja’s specific Content Guidelines, below
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate.
- Include child sexual abuse material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal content or activity.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from Freyja, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
For the avoidance of doubt, for any Contribution in the form of video content:
- You must not upload a video containing harmful material.
- You must not upload a video which infringes Freyja’s Content Guidelines.
- You must not upload a video containing advertising for any of the following:
- cigarettes and other tobacco products, electronic cigarettes or electronic cigarette refill containers, and prescription-only medicine; or
- for alcoholic drinks that are not aimed specifically at under 18s and do not encourage immoderate consumption of alcohol.
- Any advertising included in a video you upload must not:
- prejudice respect for human dignity;
- include or promote discrimination based on sex, racial or ethnic origin, nationality, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation;
- encourage behaviour prejudicial to health or safety;
- encourage behaviour grossly prejudicial to the protection of the environment;
- cause physical, mental or moral detriment to persons under the age of 18;
- directly exhort such persons to purchase or rent goods or services in a manner which exploits their inexperience or credulity;
- directly encourage such persons to persuade their parents or others to purchase or rent goods or services;
- exploit the trust of such persons in parents, teachers or others; or
- unreasonably show such persons in dangerous situations.
4 Breach of this policy
When we consider that a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site and the suspension or termination of your User account(s).
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Access to your earnings from any Contributions being withheld and/or revoked, as set out in the Terms of Service for Content Providers.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
5 How this contract can be transferred
We can transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to any third party, provided this does not adversely affect your rights under these terms.
6 Freyja Content Guidelines
Guidelines are essentially our in-house rules. When a User signs up to Freyja, they are agreeing to these rules. Our guidelines are what enables us to keep our Users safe, and we all know that safety is sexy!
a) So, what exactly are our guidelines?
Freyja guidelines are based on 4 overarching questions:
- Is the Content on the Red or Amber list?
- Does the Content shown cause temporary or permanent harm or injury?
- Is it illegal?
- Are any performers depicted that have not given consent via the Freyja platform?
If the answer to any of those is yes, then the Content cannot be uploaded to Freyja.
b) The Red and Amber List
The Red list shows acts and themes which fall within Freyja's zero-tolerance policy towards illegal and harmful Content. All Red list items fall under the category of “illegal and harmful”, which is why, if such Content is uploaded or used on the Freyja platform, it will lead to a User's immediate removal from the Freyja platform.
The Amber list contains items that we deem harmful, or which falls into a grey area. If a User uploads Content that falls into this list, they will not be able to sell that Content and will receive a strike against their account. If a User receives more than three strikes, their status on the Freyja platform will be reviewed. All strikes can be appealed, and you can also discuss your strikes with our User board if you feel that you were unfairly given a strike. Below you can see what is on our Red and Amber list guidelines.
Red list acts/themes:
- Advanced Weaponry
- Bloodplay – i.e. sexual activity in which a participant is deliberately cut so as to release blood
- Breastfeeding a child
- Burning/no setting anyone on fire (separate from waxplay)
- Child abuse
- Coffee tabling
- Drugs or alcohol or associated paraphernalia
- False ID
- Genital Mutilation - Content showing or portraying the act of genital mutilation, or the fetishizing of genital mutilation (not to be confused with Content featuring individuals who have received gender affirmation surgery)
- Modern slavery
- Revenge Porn/sextorition/upskirting/any image based sexual abuse
- Self-harm or suicide
- Sexual assault
- Toilet slave
- Trafficking, prostitution, escort services
- Unconscious sex
- Underage performer
- Violating any local laws of jurisdiction
- Violation of consent/Rape
Amber list acts/themes:
Amber list acts/themes/plot lines can fall into a grey area. Therefore, they do not lead to an outright ban from the Freyja platform, but will result in a strike/warning, and will not be allowed to be uploaded. As a User you can always appeal any strikes.
- Breastfeeding a person (this is separate from lactation in solo content only)
- Content containing a priest, or religious authority figure.
- Content containing a third party without an approved consent tag
- Cultural appropriation
- Disclosing any private information of individuals who have not consented.
- Drawing of any cartoon character which looks, appears, or insinuates underage.
- Hate speech
- Infringing on intellectual property rights of any third party, including other users
- Racial stereotype/Racial discrimination/Racism
- Performing medical procedures (this does not include nurse/doctor roleplay)
- Pouring liquid (that is not semen) into someone's ears, eyes or nose
- Reference to genocide or mass murder
- Sadomasochism/extreme bondage
- Teacher/Student plot line
- Urine, scatological, or excrement-related material
c) How do we decide these guidelines?
Red list acts/themes are easy to decide, as these are based on what is illegal or a health risk. This is quite straightforward when it comes to banned sexual acts. The difficulty can arise when red list acts are themes for a plot line, as some may argue it is not directly illegal or harmful as it is a work of fiction and not ‘real’. Freyja believes that these types of plot lines are at the very least potentially damaging, and so we have decided on a zero-tolerance policy on not just certain harmful/illegal sexual acts but also plot lines that infer something is illegal/harmful.
The Amber list acts/themes can be more challenging to determine. These are plot lines or sexual acts, that are not outright illegal but cover a grey area. Therefore, we will flag them, and need to review/have a discussion with our User moderation team on them. When it comes to Content on the Amber area list, we always ask ourselves: what is the moral ramification of this Content? We as a platform are constantly evolving and pushing for higher standards. So, if you think we’ve missed an important guideline or have a suggestion please let us know by emailing: email@example.com.
The Red and Amber lists should be deemed to include all translations and interpretations of the acts/themes listed therein.
These lists are constantly evolving. As such, Users should regularly check for updates on the Red and Amber lists in order to ensure that you do not fall foul of the rules.